Your well-being is about more than just medical care and comfort -- it's also about communication. Please use the information on this page to help our staff communicate with you effectively during your stay.
Communicating with your care team is critical to the success of your treatment. ARMC complies with all applicable laws and is equipped to provide help for a variety of communication issues. For example:
For the Hearing Impaired:
- We provide a sign language interpreter at no cost to you or your insurance company
- TTY (a telephone relay system) is available
- Telephone amplifiers are available
- Video interpretation equipment is available
- Your television can be set for closed captioning (words printed on the screen)
Foreign Language Needs
A variety of interpretation services for non-English speaking patients are available, including Language Line telephones and live interpreters.
To request communication assistance services, please contact Customer Relations during business hours or the Nursing Supervisor on evenings and weekends.
- To contact customer relations, from any hospital phone, dial extension 1-8193 for the Atlantic City Campus office and extension 2-3444 for the Mainland Campus office.
- To reach the Nursing Supervisor, dial “zero” and ask the hospital operator to connect you.
Newspaper and Magazine Book Cart
A volunteer will bring you a free newspaper each day. Additional reading materials are available through the volunteer book cart. To browse the current selection of books and magazines, please contact the Customer Relations Department or ask your nurse.