You are here: Home AtlantiCare News
For Immediate Release: May 20, 2016
The first class of the AtlantiCare/Stockton University Master's in Business Administration (MBA) cohort program participated in Stockton's Master's Degree graduation ceremony May 12.
The 17 class members included physicians and staff who work in AtlantiCare's Hospital Medicine, Information Technology, Marketing, Medical/Surgical, Finance, Laboratory, Pharmacy, and other departments. Classes met from January, 2014 through December, 2015 two nights a week, at either Stockton's main campus or at the AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center Mainland campus. The second MBA cohort program began January, 2016.
The program is designed to give participants a comprehensive professional education in business administration; and to enhance their knowledge of many of the system-wide resources and operations critical to AtlantiCare's providing care and services. Classes included accounting, finance, marketing, management, information systems, organizational behavior, strategy, operations, and international business. The cohort attended the program as a group using classroom-based and online-based learning.
AtlantiCare covered 75 percent of the class's cost for participants who are AtlantiCare employees. Participants covered the remaining 25 percent. One physician, who is not an AtlantiCare employee, covered the full cost to participate so both he and AtlantiCare would be in compliance with the Physician Self-Referral Law (Stark law).
The graduates are:
Sue Battaglia, BSN, RN, CHCR, clinical director, Medical, Surgical, and Pediatric Services, ARMC, of Northfield; Chad Bousanti, RCS, director, Cardiovascular Imaging Services, ARMC, of Manahawkin; Corey Danko; senior director of Technology and Infrastructure, AtlantiCare Information Technology, of Egg Harbor Township; Haitham Dib, M.D., medical director, Heart Failure Program, ARMC, and cardiologist, Atlantic Cardiology, an Affiliate of AtlantiCare Physician Group, of Linwood; Maureen Donzuso, director, AtlantiCare Access Management, Hammonton; Christine Hayek, senior director, Population Health Integration, AtlantiCare Health Solutions, of Galloway; Javid Iqbal, M.D., associate medical director, Hospital Medicine Program, ARMC, of Egg Harbor Township; Pam Jenner, director, Health Information Exchange and Ambulatory Applications and Technology, AtlantiCare Information Technology, of Mays Landing; Stacey Karanozinsky, corporate director, Marketing and Communications, AtlantiCare, of Linwood; Dwight McBee, BSN, RN, director, Customer Experience, ARMC, of Barnegat; Heather Nigro, BSHT, administrative director, Laboratory and Pathology Services, AtlantiCare Clinical Labs, of Washington Township; Alexander Onopchenko, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.A.S.M.B.S., director of Surgery, AtlantiCare Physician Group, and director, Division of General Surgery, ARMC, and medical director, Center for Surgical Weight Loss & Wellness at AtlantiCare, of Linwood; Nick Pelechaty, business director, AtlantiCare Surgical Services; of Barnegat; Rocky Ricapito, BSN, RN, NE-BC, clinical director, Medical Surgical Services, ARMC Mainland Campus, of Galloway; Therese Senese, CPA, director of Finance, AtlantiCare HomeCare, of Galloway; Glen Ann Stoll, assistant vice president, Medical Specialties, AtlantiCare, of Absecon; and Peter Venuti, PharmD, Pharmacy Informatics coordinator, AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, of Mays Landing.
The program is one of many educational opportunities and or educational reimbursement programs AtlantiCare offers physicians and staff.
AtlantiCare, a member of Geisinger Health System, is an integrated system of services designed to help people achieve optimal health. It includes AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, AtlantiCare Health Engagement, the AtlantiCare Foundation, and AtlantiCare Health Services. Its more than 5,400 employees and more than 700 physicians serve the community in nearly 70 locations. A 2009 Malcolm Baldrige Award winner, AtlantiCare was also included in Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2010. ARMC became the 105th hospital in the nation to attain status as a Magnet™ designated hospital in March of 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet™ hospital in 2008 and 2013.