To encourage students that identify as LGBT to pursue careers in healthcare and related fields.
Scholarship in the amount of $500 to be used toward tuition or books.
1. Graduating high school senior who self identifies as LGBT and who will pursue a career in healthcare related field.
2. Student will enroll full-time (as defined by their college/university) at one of the following 2 or 4 year colleges or university:
Atlantic Cape Community College
Cumberland County College
Richard Stockton University
3. GPA - 2.5 or above
4. One (1) reference letter from school guidance counselor (must include students GPA).
5. Essay: (not to exceed 800 words)
a. Why interested in healthcare
b. Area of interest (physician, nursing, allied health, information technology, pharmacy, laboratory…)
c. Importance of reducing health disparities within the LGBT community. (Health disparities are differences in the incidence, prevalence, mortality, and burden of diseases and other adverse health conditions that exist among specific population groups in the United States.– National Institutes of Health)
Note: Funds will be distributed to student once they present proof of enrollment in accredited school. Selected student and his/her parents will be invited to AtlantiCare's 6th Annual Diversity and Inclusion Event to be held in November 2016 at Richard Stockton University.
Application Packet must include:
1. Completed Application
2. A recommendation letter from school guidance which must include students current GPA.
Complete the Scholarship Application online.