The AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center 15th Annual Trauma Symposium, will address the latest advances and topics in trauma, critical care and emergency medicine, while emphasizing the importance of quality patient care. Speakers will include national and regional experts. This educational opportunity offers continuing education credits and networking opportunities for professional healthcare providers who contribute to the interdisciplinary care of the injured patient.
STATEMENT OF NEED
Data related to the care of critically ill and injured patients is rapidly evolving with advances in science and technology. If implementation at the bedside fails to keep pace, optimal patient care can be compromised. The course is designed to improve the knowledge, competence and performance of healthcare providers engaged in daily care of critically ill and traumatized patients to prevent a gap in knowledge where the information and technology exists. The symposium will feature didactic lectures and inspiring keynote addresses, with a balance between evidence-based principles and innovative, thought-provoking elements of trauma, critical care and emergency medicine. This comprehensive course will incorporate current guidelines and the newest techniques for evaluation, diagnosis and treatment; and provide a valuable update on the management of injured and critically ill patients.
At the conclusion of this program participants should be able to:
• Apply knowledge gained and lessons learned to provide quality trauma care in practice settings.
• Discuss management, technology and techniques for optimal care of diverse trauma, critical care and emergency medicine-related issues.
• Describe the latest strategies and techniques for optimal care in the critical care setting, including pediatrics, respiratory care and burn injuries.
• Physician assistants
• Nurses/Nurse practitioners
• Respiratory therapists
• Physicial therapists
• Pre-hospital advanced life support • Allied healthcare professionals
|Copyright© AtlantiCare 2013. All Rights Reserved.|