For Immediate Release: July 5, 2013
What: To hold ribbon cutting, reception
When: Wednesday, July 10, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
*Remarks - 5:30 p.m.; Ribbon-cutting – 5:45 p.m.
Where: AtlantiCare Health Park, Cape May Court House Campus
106 Court House South Dennis Road
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
Details: AtlantiCare will hold a reception and ribbon cutting for invited guests to mark the opening of its new $18.1 million, two-story 21,450 square-foot facility in the AtlantiCare Health Park, Cape May Court House campus, 106 Court House Road, Cape May Court House.
The facility will include an extension of the AtlantiCare Cancer Care Institute, a Fox Chase Cancer Center Partner, based in Egg Harbor Township; offices for AtlantiCare Physician Group Primary Care and Specialty Services, and physician time-share office.
In keeping with AtlantiCare’s commitment to dedicating one percent of all new building costs to its Healing Arts Program, more than 90 pieces of art by 35 artists from New Jersey and Pennsylvania reflect the program’s theme – healing through nature – as do the design, colors and textures of the building. Many of the artists will attend the reception.
AtlantiCare’s Cancer Care Institute extension, located on the first floor, opened to patients June 24. It features:
• Comfortable reception/waiting area with fireplace for Cancer Care Institute patients and families
• Vault housing a linear accelerator, treatment planning suite and control desk
• Six private infusion bays equipped with personal TVs and companion amenities
• Four patient examination rooms
• On-site pharmacy for the preparation of chemotherapy and other medications
• On-site laboratory for blood draws and other lab tests
• Four physician and/or staff offices
• Two patient dressing rooms
• Staff break and locker room
Cancer Care Institute Services include:
• Multidisciplinary team-based and personalized approach to cancer care
• Multidisciplinary tumor-site specific cancer conferences for treatment planning
• Chemotherapy and other infusion therapies
• Radiation therapy
• Social worker and nutritionist consultations for Oncology patients
• Financial counseling
• Lab draws
• Access to clinical trials through our partnership with Fox Chase Cancer Center
• Individual/community education
• Free transportation
Cancer Care Institute technology includes:
• Varian Trilogy™ Linear Accelerator image-guided radiation therapy system optimized for conventional and stereotactic approaches to treating cancer.
• GE Optima 580 W CT Scanner
• Varian VariSource™ iX and iX(t) HDR afterloader for delivering high dose rate brachytherapy (radiotherapy in which radiation in place in or near area to be treated) with a new level of digital technology
The second floor of the facility, which includes offices for AtlantiCare Physician Group Primary and Specialty Services, including APG Primary Care Plus, APG Cardiology; APG Neurology; and APG OB/GYN; .and physician time-share offices, including for Rothman Institute Orthopaedics includes:
• Three physician, staff and time share offices
• Eight patient examination rooms
• A cardiac stress testing room
• Conference room
• Staff break room
• Laboratory testing room
Also located in the AtlantiCare Health Park, Cape May Court House campus, are the AtlantiCare Surgery Center, Cape May Court House, Building 100, which opened in 2009, and Atlantic Medical Imaging offices, Building 421, which opened in 2002. AtlantiCare’s Health Park, Cape May Campus, is designed to offer convenient access to quality primary and specialty care services. AtlantiCare’s first Health Park in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, where the AtlantiCare Cancer Care Institute, a Fox Chase Cancer Center Partner, and AtlantiCare’s first Urgent Care and Surgery centers are located, is based, in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey. Its second Health Park campus, in Hammonton, opened in 2011 and includes AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center’s Satellite Emergency Department; AtlantiCare Clinical Laboratories, other AtlantiCare services, Atlantic Medical Imaging offices, and physician time-share space.
The architect for the project was EwingCole, Philadelphia, PA.; and builder was P. Agnes, Inc., Philadelphia.
• Number of AtlantiCare employees who live in Cape May County – more than 340
• Number of AtlantiCare employees who live and work in Cape May County – 56
• Number of AtlantiCare employees who work in Cape May County - 76
• AtlantiCare services in Cape May County include:
AtlantiCare Health Park, Cape May Court House – which includes seven AtlantiCare Physician Group Urgent and Specialty Care services and the AtlantiCare Cancer Care Institute extension
AtlantiCare Urgent Care – Avalon, Marmora
AtlantiCare Physician Group Primary Care Plus – Avalon, Cape May Court House (Now in new Health Park), Marmora, North Cape May, North Wildwood, Ocean City, Wildwood Crest
AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center Emergency Medical Services – Medic 5 – Lower Township; Medic 9 – Cape May Court House and Medic 12 - Wildwood (Thursday through Sunday 12 hour shifts seasonally in summer.)
AtlantiCare is an integrated system of services designed to help people achieve optimal health. It includes AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, AtlantiCare Health Engagement, the AtlantiCare Foundation, and AtlantiCare Health Services. Its more than 5,461 employees and 600 physicians serve the community in more than 60 locations. A 2009 Malcolm Baldrige Award winner, AtlantiCare was also included in Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2010. ARMC became the 105th hospital in the nation to attain status as a Magnet™ designated hospital in March of 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet™ hospital in 2008.
|Copyright© AtlantiCare 2013. All Rights Reserved.|