AtlantiCare Spine Institute
When you hurt, we’re here to help.
At AtlantiCare, we understand how back pain can affect the quality of your life. When the pain is constant and getting progressively worse, when it keeps you awake at night, and when rest doesn’t improve it, you should see a specialist. Our spine experts have solutions that can ease your pain and get you back to living.
We offer the following:
- Surgical and non-surgical spine treatments
- Expertise in the latest minimally invasive surgical procedures — for patients who are candidates — including:
- Artificial disc replacement
- Lateral transpsoas surgery
- Muscle-splitting approaches
- Endoscopic-assisted surgery
- Intraoperative laser available when necessary (AtlantiCare has the latest Lumenis Laser which is FDA approved for usage in spinal discectomy).
- Cooled bipolar cautery and dissection
- Dedicated spine units at both AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center campuses — Atlantic City and Mainland
- Back and neck experts who are also highly-trained in trauma and tumor mitigation procedures
- A perioperative medical model that shortens length of stay, reduces complications and minimizes postoperative pain
- The latest advanced pain management techniques including:
- Multimodal pain management
- Long-acting, extended-release pain medications
- An added dimension to care, through AtlantiCare’s membership in the Jefferson Neuroscience Network
- A network of experienced and skilled rehabilitation medicine specialists