The AtlantiCare Cancer Care Institute features an unsurpassed array of technologies in our region, including:
- Varian RapidArcTM
- CyberKnife® Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Cutting edge linear accelerator treatment
- Radiation therapy delivered by the lates in linear accelerator technology including intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), image-guided radation therapy (IGRT) and stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
- Advantage Sim, a CT-based simulation system that creates a three-dimensional assessment of the tumor and its precise location
- Brachytherapy, including radioactive seeds for prostate cancer and radioactive iodine for thyroid cancer
- Varian RapidArc & Elekta VMAT Therapy (the fastest way to deliver radiation)
- VeriSource IR-192 High Dose Brachytherapy
- Radionuclide Therapy
- Respiratory gating to monitor breathing patterns to ensure precise tumor targeting
- 64-slice PET/CT (positron emission tomography) scanning, the latest imaging technique to plan for and monitor the effectiveness of treatment
- Chemotherapy/infusion treatments
- Diagnostic services
These and other technologies enable radiation oncologists to target cancerous tissue with pinpoint precision—to maximize treatment effectiveness while minimizing damage to nearby healthy tissue.
A dedicated multidisciplinary team consisting of radiation oncologists, medical physicists, radiation therapists, oncology-certified nurses, a dietician and a social worker are on-site at AtlantiCare Cancer Care Institute to help patients through their procedures.
Most patients receive radiation therapy on an outpatient basis, so they can recover in the comfort of their own homes with as little disruption to work and leisure as possible. Nationally recognized customer service is a hallmark of our program.